The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Arbor Day


So I just learned that today is Arbor Day in the state of Virginia. I mean, Commonwealth of Virginia. This is an old drawing I like a lot, and I keep trying to turn it into something bigger, like a watercolor painting, but it's hard to translate something so loose into something more thought-out. Like usual, the stuff where I'm not thinking works best.

3 comments:

here today, gone tomorrow said...

Just lovely - I feel the light breeze moving through the leaves. (Ok, about today's strip? Petey's scrinched up face and those congealed, colliding music notes? Hilarious!)

Mike Rhode said...

Perhaps it needs a hedgehog...

richardcthompson said...

Thanks, htgt!

Every picture needs a hedgehog, Mike. Claire could've told you that.