The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Today's Cul de Sac, November 9, 10, 11 2010

 I have no idea where this is going, but Viola needed to fit into all this somehow.
This is an oblique shout out to my friend Norm Feuti who draws the wonderful strip Retail. Originally, the salesman was named "Norm Grumbels" after the department store in Retail, but it got changed. Norm Feuti is nothing like the character here portrayed, though I'm sure he's had customers like dis guy.
And this is just in answer to the above strip. Petey and Andre each get a chance to present their comic book Platonic ideal.

3 comments:

habamom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Uncanny! That's exactly how my career as a cartoonist started! Now I can complain about my job with the disgruntlement of 10 men!

Thanks for the shout-out, Richard!

Neil J Murphy said...

I always love it when you drop the panels over a single scene, but I think this time not only should Andre's backpack extend from panel four back into panel three, it should also be seen at the far right side of panel four.

Which would make Cul de Sac the world's first comic/mobius strip.