The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Fan Art Friday

I hope this will be a moment of light and joy in your grim Black Friday consumo-berserkathon. Jonathan Hill sent me this wonderful drawing he did for the store map at Powell's City of Books, the massive bookstore that fills a city block in Portland, Oregon. Mingling in among the satisfied shoppers along with Napolean, Quasimodo and Huck & Jim are Alice and Petey Otterloop, happily free of parental supervisison!


3 comments:

Bill's Big Bamboo said...

I have fine memories of visiting Powell's in Portland. I had to buy a gym bag to bring all the books I purchased with me back on the airplane.

I hope Alice & Petey enjoyed being at Powell' as much as I did.

Bill - Arkansas

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Cul-de-Sac!

Loris Slothrop is my favorite character, and her name and characteristics are pure genius, and the combination of the 2 makes a great oxymoron. It would be AWESOME if she could be in the strip much more frequently.

It would be REALLY nice if your blog had info about each of the main characters in Cul-de-Sac.

chris said...

Here is a little bit about the original CDS gang. I need to add the newer members.

http://culdesacart.com/img/interactive_cds.swf