The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Fan Art Saturday Falls On A Monday This Week


This fabulous sculpture of Alice with the Talking Stick was created by Mr. Michael Gauttery, who lives up in my old hometown of Baltimore MD.  I'm not sure what the medium is, but I'm guessing Sculpey, which is fun stuff (though a good deal less tasty than Play-Doh).  My daughters suggested it would make a lovely Christmas tree ornament, and I have to agree. Thanks, Michael!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Fan Art Saturday Falls on a Monday? This reminds me of how, in Walt Kelly's Pogo, Friday the thirteenth sometimes fell on a Saturday. Are the two, by any chance, related?

("See there, durin' the entire month of August, Friday the thirteenth falls on a Saturday...That, sir, is a lucky portent.")