The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Reminder: Corcoran Chit-Chat Tonight

 Tonight at 7 I'm going to speak at the Corcoran Gallery of Art, and I hope somebody's there to listen, and that I can think of something to say. And that it's at least tangentially about comics.

This is in conjunction with a great show of original & historic comic art at McDaniel College called Kings of the Pages, put together by Associate Professor of Communication Robert Lemieux. Graduate students at the Corcoran College of Art and Design planned the exhibit, with professional assistance from Mark Leithauser, Chief of Design at the National Gallery of Art, and Donna Kirk, Senior Architect at the National Gallery of Art.

5 comments:

chris said...

great talk tonight, glad I was there for it!

paul bowman said...

You don't know how good it felt that you knew me among the crowd of admirers, Richard. Wish this kind of opportunity came along more often. I'll be smiling for a week.

Boomer Bill said...

Guess I missed seeing Chris. He may have been in stealth mode again, or at Franks Pizza?

Great evening. Good to see you and Amy again.

chris said...

I was Franks but in my defense, Richard never serves pizza or Asheville beer!
He needs to plan these parties better!

richardcthompson said...

Thanks to you all for coming!

Paul. I like to keep my crowd of admirers small enough that I can recognize them all, Food to see you again!