The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Moving Day


The Parkinson Foundation of the National Capital Area, in collaboration with the National Parkinson Foundation, is sponsoring Moving Day,  a day of raising awareness of Parkinson’s disease by going for a pleasant 2.5 mile stroll. They anticipate over 2,000 participants, including people with Parkinson’s, families, friends, health care professionals, private and corporate teams, all ambling along while raising funds in support of the Foundation’s mission. I'll be there with the appropriately named Team Cul de Sac, along with family and friends. You're encouraged to join us, in person or in donation form. Or both! 

An added incentive: there may be doughnuts.

3 comments:

chris said...

Bags are packed! See you there! Great art btw!

Brett said...

Gave what I could. I walk in the MS walk with a friend with MS so I gave in the team name. I hope your walk goes well you all raise a lot of money!

richardcthompson said...

Thanks, Brett! I deeply appreciate it.