The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Today's Cul de Sac, February 28 to March 6, 2011

It's time to claw our way somewhat closer to present-day.
 The pre-Alicians were first mentioned in early 2009.
 Or more likely, the hairdo is immortal and Miss Bliss is its present avatar.
 Petey's semi-aversion to being photographed was first shown here.
 Marcus briefly had his own blog, putatively run by his mother, until a certain unnamed person lost interest in it.
This could've been expanded on. And I wish I'd pulled the face in that second panel even more. It looked more distorted when drawn at 5 inches tall, the usual size I draw these things.
 Boy, now that plot will really take off.
Trees are among my favorite things to draw. I may drop the human characters from the strip and introduce a flock of comic birds so I can draw trees all the time.

3 comments:

The Bug said...

I love these little trips into your mind. Really - they're not scary at all!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robert Gidley said...

The nice thing when it's been a while since you've explained the strips is that I've forgotten them all and it's like reading them fresh again!

Who says ADD is a handicap?