WE GOT YOUR SIGNED COPIES OF THE COMPLETE CUL DE SAC RIGHT HERE!

Richard Thompson, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year, has graciously offered to sign copies of this beautiful boxed set when you place your order through One More Page. Because cartoonists, like banjo players, are lovable but unpredictable, we can't guarantee a delivery time. We thank you in advance for your support, and your patience. Click here to order or call us at 703-300-9746.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Barney & Clyde


Congratulations to my friends Gene & Dan Weingarten and David Clark on the launch of their daily comic strip, Barney & Clyde! I wish them great success. I have a personal stake in this as I introduced Gene to David and assured them all that this is a terrific time to launch a syndicated daily newspaper comic strip.

Above is an old illustration I did for Gene's Post Magazine column. I don't remember what the subject matter was for this, but it does look like me and Gene. Kinda.

5 comments:

paul bowman said...

So much talent going to a medium with no commercial future. It's terribly inspiring!

Mike Rhode said...

Which one's you and which is Gene?n

Neil J Murphy said...

I only realized today that there's a bandage where your left ear should be.

Subtlety: You haz it!

Lesley Vamos said...

This is great! I love the comp and colour ^_^

paul bowman said...

Nothing to add. The captcha here is penzyme, though. I'm not going to ignore a captcha like penzyme just because I have nothing to add.