The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Washington DC Back When


Here are two old Almanacs I later combined into one for the book. The black and white one predates the color drawing by a few years. Allen's Mink Yard is named in honor of my then-editor, the great Henry Allen, whose family has no connection to the mink ranching business, as far as I know.

I've lived around DC for 48 years, practically most of my life, so you can trust that anything I say about the city is true.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool Disco Dan! A real measure of how long you've been in Washington...

Anonymous said...

Ditto! Sad to think there are Metro riders today who have never seen a Cool "Disco" Dan tag...