WE GOT YOUR SIGNED COPIES OF the art of richard thompson right here, next to these copies of the complete cul de sac!

Richard Thompson, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year, has graciously offered to sign copies of this beautiful book when you place your order through One More Page. Because cartoonists, like banjo players, are lovable but unpredictable, we can't guarantee a delivery time. We thank you in advance for your support, and your patience. You can click here or call us at 703-300-97p46 to be among the select and stand up for America by purchasing a signed copy of The Art of Richard Thompson!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Very Happy Cartoonist's Day, Again


You may be wondering, "How can I best celebrate this festive day?" You might consider:
  • Finding a cartoonist near you and mowing his lawn, at least the front lawn (especially the hard part with the hill).
  • While you're at it trim his shrubs, so the mailman can find his front door again.
  • Does his house need vacuuming? Well, what are you waiting for?
  • Who left all these dishes in the sink?
  • The cats; somebody feed the cats.
  • You could take him to lunch at the Mexican place down the street, where they're having some no doubt cartoonist-related celebration.
  • For God's sake laugh at his cartoons. If they appear in a newspaper, buy extra copies (or multiple subscriptions, even) and laugh at them too.
Note: if the cartoonist near you is a lady, please substitute "her" for "his". The original of the cartoon reproduced above is in the collection of the fabulous Mr. Jef Mallett, so this is a scan of the Almanac book page. And it's the same one I ran last year, and the year before, if it looks familiar.

7 comments:

Jojo said...

Incredible drawings and sensibility, I discovered your work recently, and it was since calvin and hobbes that I didn't laugh so much... So thank you, I'm waiting for more of your comics to arrive in France!

Jason James Curtis said...

Have you been called a genius yet today?

Richard, I absolute LOVE your drawing style...in fact, I'm so jealous of your talent that when I look at your work I have the desire to curl up into a ball and weep.

Anyway...

Happy Cartoonist's Day! If I lived close by I'd definitely mow your cat and vacuum your lawn for you.

angryparsnip said...

Wahahahahahahah !

Sending you a laugh from Arizona.
As always so look forward to reading your strip every morning.
Hard work for you but a great way to start our day.

Cheers, parsnip

the cheese guy said...

Cheers to the best Cartoonist around.
....Thats you Richard! :)

Evan "Doc" Shaner said...

This is one of my favorite cartoons from the almanac. Happy Cartoonist's Day!

fritzoid said...

Feliz Dia de los Cartoonadores, Ricardo!

I think it's particularly gratifying that the Mexican-American community has embraced this red-letter day so whole-heartedly. Oftimes, I have myself found that the best way to appreciate a good "Cul de Sac" is to find a comfy chair and settle in with a nice pint of tequila. If I pace myself right, I'll reach the punchline and the bottom of the glass at the same time. Then I repeat the process, and the strip gets funnier and funnier every time! Great art is like that; it rewards multiple readings. Or viewings. Whatever.

davidcroy said...

Fourth panel, second strip: funniest thing I've seen in longer than I care to think about. Even more funny in that it's hilarious and almost nothing. You are great.