The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Home Again


I just got back from the 64th Annual Reuben Awards in Jersey City, and oh boy, what a good time I had! First, my sincere congratulations to Mr. Dan Piraro, the hardest working man in comics, for getting the Reuben this year. Well deserved, and about time, and Dan! Where were you? There was a very real danger of someone like Stephan Pastis rushing the stage and making off with that big shiny object. Not that I would ever do such a thing, as it might require giving a speech.

More to come, when I remember it.

4 comments:

joe said...

Welcome back! Forget the Reuben (toldya you should have broken a leg); did you get to met George Booth?

paul bowman said...

Congratulations to Mr. Piraro. And a good Memorial Day to you, Mr. Thompson.

richardcthompson said...

Thanks, Joe. Sadly, no, I didn't meet George Booth. I chatted with him at a book signing years ago and told him how much I loved his work. And in the early 80s I heard him speak at the Smithsonian and got almost physically ill with laughter.

Ditto, Mr.Bowman, and the same to you!

Anonymous said...

He probably didn't show because he already has enough dishes.