Today is the National Book Festival down on the Mall and I've done a cartoon on it several times previously, usually a foreshortened panorama with a lot of wacky details and hilarious details. Which is what I had in mind this time. Stuff like:
- Malcolm Gladwell writes a best-seller in under 15 minutes based on an ineffable concept of your choice - $5.
- Rogue Kindle unfolds into giant robot and destroys all print.
- Something with a big-headed Dan brown
- The Librarian of Congress whatsisname goes around shushing everybody.
- Something else really funny.
- Are endpapers funny?
- The big finish.
But it didn't really go anywhere, and not for the first time either. So here's this Dan Brown thing instead, and it's not even entirely finished . But next week- something else!