The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Saturday's Almanack


This was the Almanack for last weekend. I'm not sure if it makes sense. I was going to do a map of the National Book Festival, but I got bored with the sketch I had for it and started this about five hours before deadline. Which should be plenty of time, but I didn't realize what I was doing until I lettered the last line. I think the idea was to compare Astronomy, Astrology and Economics just to see which had the most sway over events. I think Astrology won.

6 comments:

Shanster said...

DEPRESSING! My stargazing will be so different from now on...

here today, gone tomorrow said...

Spot. On.

Mike Rhode said...

Well, my wife REALLY liked it.

Ted Dawson said...

Richard, I'm sorry but I can't visit your blog any more. You're too damn good and it depresses me. My Brain-o Idea-Writing Generator machine broke down a couple years ago.

Oh, wait! A typo! Heh, heh... Maybe I'll be back after all.

richardcthompson said...

Oops, "soupcollider".

Ted Dawson said...

See, that's exactly what I'm talking about!