The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Toddler's Roundtable

This is another of the proto-Cul de Sacs from 8 or 9 years ago, back when I could still use a cartoon to make a coherent point. That skill didn't last long, but fortunately comic strips don't need a point. A couple of balloons, maybe an onomatopoeia, a laff, then off you go.

Watch me recycle that lycanthropy joke when I think nobody's looking.

4 comments:

Mike Lynch said...

I love these guys. If this was olden Sunday comics way-back times -- at time when CdS would be on a full page of the funnies -- I could see "Toddler's Roundtable" as the topper comic strip to CdS. Those days are gone, yes. But one can dream ... and wistfully chew some Play-Doh.

randy said...

Couldn't this blog post be considered the recycling of your lycanthropy joke?

here today, gone tomorrow said...

P.S. Just got a note from Amazon today. My book shipped!!

Mark Fearing said...

Very, very, very funny.

Don't let it go to your head.

-M