The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Cul de Sac Animations to Make Your Life More Fun

Thanks to the fine folks at Ringtales, through the courtesy of Babelgum, here are four more animated Cul de Sacs. If you listen carefully to the last episode, The One That Got Away, you'll hear my wife, the fabulous and accomplished Amy Greenisen Thompson, say "no."







8 comments:

chris said...

Wonderful animations and it helps to have such wonderful stories to work with!

Brian said...

I can't open/play these in any browser - Netscape, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer (or Safari and Firefox as well on a Mac.)
Are these on DailyMotion or YouTube?

richardcthompson said...

Dang, i don't know why they won't play for you. If I'd've tried all that without success I would've hit the monitor with a large stick by now.

Did you try the Babelgum homepage?

chris said...

Do you have a flashplayer?
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Lou W said...

I hope that eventually enough of these will be made that you can sell us fans DVD copies! I'll buy at least 2!

Lesley Vamos said...

So sweet and wonderfully simple ^_^ I love the first one :)

SL said...

I love reading Cul de Sac because it makes Alice sound intelligent, yet still retains her "kid" qualities. Unfortunately, I feel that these animations don't portray that quality. They make Alice and her friends seem almost stupid, and (I feel) take a lot of the humor out the previously funny comics.

Mike Rhode said...

That didn't sound anything like her. Are you sure she didn't subcontract it out?