The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Today's Lio


The great Mark Tatulli tells me that the second child from the left in the bottom panel is me, and I believe it because I drew cars all the time when I was a kid. The only detail that he might've gotten wrong is the name; I was called Dickie for a long time. But I'm pretty thankful he didn't use Dickie, 'cause I don't want that getting out in public, no thank you.

3 comments:

zero hour said...

ha! it bugs me that the Denver Post doesn't run sunday Cul De Sacs and Lios....sigh...
instead we get giant sized simplistic strips...who shall remain nameless...

angryparsnip said...

Looks just like you. . . I think? ? ?

Leslie said...

I still refer to you as Dickie :)