The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Talking Editorial Photoplay by Ann Telnaes


Everybody go over to The Washington Post , slide down to Hillary's Fairy Tale on the middle left, and click on it to enjoy the animation genius of Ann Telnaes. Quick!

UPDATE: I switched the link to a direct-to-Annimation link.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Here's Ann's animation for Friday . For some reason the page is balky for loading, give it a kick or two and it comes through fine.

10 comments:

randy said...

It was still there when I checked: Fairy Tale

It's very cute, yet biting. Bitingly cute, I suppose. Do you know if Ann does the Flash animating herself?

richardcthompson said...

Yes she does!

richardcthompson said...

Thanks Randy, I made the link direct. But still, watch for another one on Friday.

randy said...

Ann writes, draws, and animates? That's simply awesome. She has certainly raised the bar, and now I'm expecting Cul de Sac as a daily animation. I want to see Mr. Otterloop's chin wiggle, dang it!

richardcthompson said...

Randy, you're scaring me. Ann's trained in this stuff (CalArts) though she taught herself Flash animation.

here today, gone tomorrow said...

Bwwwahahhahhahaha!!! The smile at the end! Genius!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha!
Ann's work is great.

Rick

Stacy Curtis said...

Now that I know Ann taught herself Flash and animated this on her own, I like it even better.

Guillaume Bianco said...

Hi Richard...I'm a frenh Cartonnist...I've discovered your work one month ago and i'm felt in love about it...Congratulations!Never saw a so good job since peanuts about Shultz and quentin Blake...
Congratulations...
I put your blog in my links...
Be good...
Guillaume Bianco...

Ps:How to find a book from you?
Could you inform me?
Best regards

richardcthompson said...

Merci beaucoup, Guillaume! Je n'est parle pas francais, despite a couple of years of trying to learn in junior high.

Schulz and Blake! I feel like I'm walking in tall cotton! I'll go look at your blog and link up, too.

And click on the bottom link, "a funny book by me". I appreciate your support!

les meilleurs voeux,

Richard