The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Musical Petey, Finale

Here's the dramatic conclusion. I brought the stranger-than-Petey little boy back a few times, and I gave him the strange attribute that Petey thinks he may be imaginary. His name is Ernesto Lacuna, an obscure musical pun on the name of Cuban composer Ernesto Lacuona (and boy, that gets a laff every time). You'll notice he plays the oboe.




4 comments:

Kid Shay said...

"I pinched my finger on my oboe case." I smell a catchphrase. T-shirts! Mugs! Microbrew beer!

Mike Rhode said...

Ahhh, the weird Indian kid... I assume he'll be appearing in the daily?

Mister Fweem said...

I sense an early manifestation of Ernesto.

SCOTTtheBADGER said...

The first appearance of Fidgity Didgits!