The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mardi Gras Parade, Updated


Everyone should come to this thing. It'll be great, and if it's like last year's parade, the whole thing is short enough that it goes around the block a coupla times so if you can view it more than once and, you know, revise your opinion of it as it goes by again. And you get enough beads thrown at you that at some point it becomes hazardous. Boy, what fun!

Meanwhile, the Godzilla-King Kong float is under construction in an abandoned body shop...



These are from more than a week ago. I understand Godzilla and Kong are much further along now and are practically ready to join polite society.

7 comments:

here today, gone tomorrow said...

Is this for real??? I live right near there! And where are your posters put up? You know, just in case, well, one falls down as I'm walking by...

nolanart said...

That poster would look great on my wall.

Parade too far away, alas.

richardcthompson said...

Sure it's for real! They've been doing the parade for a number of years (not a large number, but still...) You're in Arlington, HereToday? Me, too.

And I'm pretty sure I can get some extra posters. I'll let you know.

here today, gone tomorrow said...

I would pay for an autographed one. Really.

Stacy Curtis said...

If you can get some extra posters ....

here today, gone tomorrow said...

oh my gawd...I thought you were kidding about the float!

Mike Rhode said...

Ok, I'm there. Anyone want to meet up before hand for a drink?