The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Drawing Monsters, Updated



These are two sketches I did for a Mardi Gras parade poster, of course, as I'm sure you can tell. Which'll possibly be turned into a float even, with people on it throwing things, maybe even me.


Update. Here's a bonus drawing of King Kong. Did you know that in the original scritpt, King Kong was going to be a proboscis monkey?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahaha! This is cute. I love it. i think it would make a really cool float! Will you be able to get a picture of it if they do it?

richardcthompson said...

Hey Lilly, I sure will. The parade itself is pretty small but very friendly; last year everybody liked it so much it kept circling the neighborhood for an extra hour or so.

Mike Rhode said...

No way! Kong would have been terrifying!

richardcthompson said...

The latest news is; they already started building the float, and I just finished the drawing today.