The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Columbus, Friday night

  


The somewhat sinister pair of hands in the above photo belong to Caitlin Mcgurk,  Engagement Coordinator of the Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & amp; Museum at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. She will be our co-hostess this weekend for a show of cartoons by Bill Watterson and me. In the photo you can see the tasteful pale-green chosen as a wall color by Caitlin. Much better than the Drunk Tank Pink I'd chosen.

Caitlin came down to my studio a few months ago when I was hors de combat and selected a bunch of drawings for the show (so that's where all that stuff went.) She left behind only a note complaining about the filthiness of the art and a pair of used white gloves.

I hope you will join us to welcome in this spring season, look at some drawings and have some cheap wine this coming friday at six at the Billy Ireland Cartoon Museum!




8 comments:

emma said...

I would so love to be there. Alas. Next time maybe in Portland?

Anne Hambrock said...

Wish I could be there to see it! I'm sure it's an amazing show!

Stacy Curtis said...

I will be there. In June. Wearing flip-flops.

Mike said...

With you in spirit, my friend. I think I need to come to DC for a long-postponed beer.

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah - I'll rise a glass of Silvaner next Fryday in honour of that exhibition !

Caitlin McGurk said...

I love you Richard, and your filthy, filthy art.

Aaron Renier said...

I was there and it was thrilling. Thank you so much for being at the opening, it was just so great to meet you. Everything looked perfect, and I laughed out loud at strips I'd laughed out loud at before. Thank you.

John Glynn said...

I was there in spirit! Floating above, silently judging you all.