The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

National Book Festival

This weekend for two days only the Library of Congress presents the National Book Festival, on the National Mall. Hundreds of authors like Dave Eggers, Tomie dePaola, Rita Dove, Sherman Alexie, Jonathan Yardley and David McCullough will grace the dust-choked midway to demonstrate literary folkways and handicrafts. There'll be out-loud reading, grammar juggling, artisanal autographing and writer's block judging. And I'll be there-

Presentation

  • Graphic Novels
    Sunday, September 25
    1:00 pm - 1:45 pm

Book Signing

  • Sunday, September 25
    2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
 So come on down for two whole days of literary fun 'n' games!

6 comments:

songbird44 said...

I missed Jules Feiffer at the Brooklyn Book Festival, and I'm going to miss you at this one. My life is no longer worth living.

Mike Rhode said...

I've told Richard to expect over 200 people waiting for autographs, but he doesn't believe me.

chris said...

will he ever listen to us mike? those artists!

Colin said...

I'll be there :-) recently discovered the Cul de Sac thanks to the author list on the National Book Festival and quickly came to love it

only own one collection so far but hope to get more at the tent Barnes & Noble will be running

Anonymous said...

Do NOT be surprised by the large number of people who will want to sign your book! I've worked the National Book Festival for 10 years going on 11, and I got a feeling about this. :)

Mark Anderson said...

I'm gonna show up and scream like a teenage girl.