The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Today's Cul de Sac. No, Thursday's, Friday's & Saturday's

Just to do some more catching up- Oh, boy! Puppets and dressing up in costumes! Both of these activities come standard with most preschools and I'm embarrassed it took me so long to mention them. My basement has an old puppet theater and a pile of costumes in it, ready to load onto the gypsy circus wagon whenever the economy hits that point where it becomes more lucrative to be an itinerant puppeteer than a newspaper cartoonist, which may be next week.


Really though, every preschool classroom I've set foot in has been furnished and supplied almost entirely by leftovers and hand-me-downs donated by parents. The somewhat terrifying preschool in Toy Story 3 had some of that, though the building and facilities were a lot nicer than the ones I've seen. Another appearance by Sofie (above); I've really got to figure out what her deal is, but shrouding her in mystery seems to work fine for now.


And for what it's worth, I don't think Petey's burgeoning social life is going to change him much, in case anybody was worried that he might suddenly turn normal.

2 comments:

habamom said...

These strips cracked me up! Having just spent the weekend with relatives, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Beni-Alice-Sofie exchange. YAGH! ...we left the family gathering early... hehe.

Andre's exploding comic book and the Otterloop's children's self-awareness are priceless. I don't know that I've seen Alice's face with such a contented expression before.

Andrew said...

Kevin hitting the desk is excellent.