The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Oliphant



I missed a book signing tonight at Politics & Prose by the Mighty Pat Oliphant. The deadlines done got me and I'm lonesome, blue and stuck at home. I owe Pat some massive thanks for many things, not least years of inspiration. And he taught my older daughter how to pick her nose when she was a little over a year old. How can I even begin to pay him back for that? (photo above of Oliphant's Mighty Left Hand at work by Bruce Guthrie, who made it to P&P and reported back)



Everybody! Go buy his book!

4 comments:

Mike Rhode said...

And an excellent time it was. Bruce shot LOTS of pictures and then ate pizza with some of the International Comics Art Forum types that came up with me.

richardcthompson said...

The photos, and many many others, can be found here. Scroll down to Oliphant.

http://www.digitalphalanx.com/graphlib.nsf/Last_45?OpenView&count=-1

here today, gone tomorrow said...

Well, since he did teach your daughter to pick his nose, I guess I'll check it out...

here today, gone tomorrow said...

Her nose...HER nose. Gak.