WE GOT YOUR SIGNED COPIES OF the art of richard thompson right here, next to these copies of the complete cul de sac!

Richard Thompson, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year, has graciously offered to sign copies of this beautiful book when you place your order through One More Page. Because cartoonists, like banjo players, are lovable but unpredictable, we can't guarantee a delivery time. We thank you in advance for your support, and your patience. You can click here or call us at 703-300-97p46 to be among the select and stand up for America by purchasing a signed copy of The Art of Richard Thompson!

Monday, October 22, 2007

A Bigger Book


Anybody reading this? You should be; it's probably a lot more fun to read than the Michaelis Schulz biography and it's definitely more a labor of love. Reading this makes me want to be a strip cartoonist, and write about exotic locales & vertiginous adventures. And it makes me want to learn how to use a brush, and how to spell chiaroscuro without looking it up (I looked it up).

6 comments:

Scott Nickel said...

That's the thing -- the Schulz biography doesn't make me want to be a cartoonist...it makes me want to slit my $#@^-ing wrists!

It really does depress me...and that's not good.

Harvey's book sounds like a real labor of love -- as does mark Evanier's book (soon to be books) on Jack Kirby.

Why did I spend my money on the Michaelis book and not Harvey's?

What a blockhead!

hungrydog said...

Thanks for that: I had to look up the MEANING of chiaroscuro.

Toontune said...

I'm still back at vertiginous.

richardcthompson said...

Aw, I'm just showing off.

Hint to potential purchasers: if you order this book from RCHarvey.com, RCHarvey.person will autograph it for you.

Dembicki said...

That's a pretty good point, Scott. Actually, I always got depressed watching Charlie Brown cartoons as a kids. I rarely found it funny (I only found Snoopy funny). I guess Sparky's mood just oozed into the 'toons as well.

Mike said...

I talked to Bob a bit this weekend, and he did two presentations on Caniff. This is definitely a labor of love, and is probably an unduplicatable feat. Caniff and his parents were "savers" as OSU kindly puts it - you can read that as they never through anything, including junk mail, out. Most archives would never have anything like that, nor would they have saved it.