The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Major Advance in Greeting Cards!



Are you tired of greeting cards that are too thoughtful? That announce their sensitivity trght from the get-go, leaving you no space for nuanced crudities? Well, the good people at Thompsoniana are here to help, with thousands* of card designs that are both attractive and uncommunicative.  Hey, we're up to our eyeballs in images here, there's gotta be some way to turn them into cash!



Boy, if I got that in the mail I wouldn't know what to think.  But I'd sure like to send it! Do you have anything for that hard-to-buy-for relative with a fondness for silly cosmologies?



How about friends whose brains float?



Suicidal clowns?

Something better?



A cranky, freshly-awoken Brunnhilde?



Something with a heart in it?


How about a heart with some math?




Do you have any greeting  cards which might appeal to a cat fancier who's also fond of music?

Wow, what a wide selection of cards! How about occasions? Anything for Mozart's Birthday?


How about Beethoven?


Presidents' Day?

The Forth of  July?



How about something literary?



 Do you have anything that'd be appropriate for someone who's experiencing an existential crisis?


Well,  I'm sold, even though the whole thing is repurposing existing images for some bucks! Now I can't wait to rely on the U.S. Postal Service for all my communication needs! Say, how much are these cards going to end up costing me? They look awful fancy.

ONLY $2.95 A CARD! IS THAT CHEAP OR WHAT?

Holy cats, only $2.95  a card? I'm doing all my card shopping at Thompsoniana! Only an ungrateful fool would do otherwise!

*WELL, DOZENS.

4 comments:

gilda92 said...

I want to order some cards but I also want a Beethoven mug and it seems to have disappeared. The Mozart mug was a great success and now I need a Beethoven mug for the other offspring.

richardcthompson said...

The mugs are there, just in another store. I gotta consolidate everything.

richardcthompson said...

Try here- http://www.zazzle.com/musicophrenology

Unknown said...

I have never ever seen these kinds of greeting card. They are funny and very creative. All these greeting cards are saying so much things.