The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Friday, March 16, 2012

The latest Alice








Here's a preview of the first strip I've inked since circa 19-aught-12. It's a Sunday page and it took me 14 hours of concentrated effort just to do the head. Note the generous slathering of white-out to disguise the places where things went south (this was supposed to be Petey, I don't want to talk about it).

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Lookin' good!

carl craig said...

wow ! how big do you draw

richardcthompson said...

Naw, I was kidding. That head is less than a inch tall and the whole figure wasn't even two inches. I draw pretty small.

chris said...

I love your art.

gilda92 said...

If you're going to throw this away, may I have it please?

Mike Lynch said...

Love the look on her face, Richard.

Neil J Murphy said...

If you're going to use that much white-out, maybe you should consider painting over a black page with white-out, then just scratching your drawings into it.

pq said...

Cannot wait to have you back, sir!

Darlene said...

Ha ha ha! Love the look of wariness on here face! Looking forward to whatever you have in store for her! Welcome back - we are ready when you are!