The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Today's Cul de Sac, July 24 2011

I've done a few Alice-in-the-shrub cartoons and each time I think they'll be easy to draw. Alice sitting amid a mass of leaves, what's difficult about that? But somehow each time I end up getting into the leaf-scribbling a little too intensely and I have to back off and use white to loosen things up and undensify the texture. Next time I'll either use a fatter nib or stand three feet away.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished the Golden Treasury. It was GREAT!

richardcthompson said...

Thank you, bishopdm!

Jusy said...

Love your work. Sorry I'm late for you to read this comment. You are missed, Richard.