The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Today's Cul de Sac, March 7 to 13, 2011

We've fallen behind again. How does this happen?
 This week was all about the fun of drawing mud.
 And at some point it occurred to me: how did she get out there anyway?
 I just hoped that it didn't occur to anyone else, that everyone would be too caught up in the riveting drama to question the logic. Like a Hollywood movie.
 But you have to admit, that is some nicely drawn mud.
 She skipped. Of course, how simple.
 Thus ends one of the randomest weeks of strips I ever foisted on an unsuspecting yet disinterested public. I do like the idea that 15 minutes to her mother equals days to Alice.
This is a salute to all those double reed wind players out there, especially those who can manage circular breathing (I tried it and all I can manage is rhomboidal).

No comments: