The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hello, Duck


This is a repeat of a post from 2 years ago, but it's happening all over again.

We'll be away all week in lovely Duck, North Carolina, on the fabled Outer Banks, the Graveyard of the Atlantic. The above is a vehicle used by scientists at a facility near where we'll be staying. They drive it out into the surf to study tides and waves and surf and look for pirate gold. I'm going to steal it and drive over to France. I hear the food's good.

As always, you're invited to leave a comment in the form of a joke, anecdote, poem, thought for the day, etc. I may get to look in on this thing while I'm in Duck, or even in France. And I'm taking work along  so I'll need all the distractions I can get.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Not clever enough to leave jokes, etc. as I am also in the beach groove. [huge arm wave] <- That is me waving to you and yours from where we are in Nags Head (several miles south of Duck for those who do not know the Outer Banks). Have a great week!

paul bowman said...

Sounds wonderful. Hope it's a great time.

Hinzi said...

Sounds like a lovely place; enjoy!

BTW; how much bailout money did the Outer Banks receive?

chris said...

I went to duck last year after Heroescon....
Seems like most of my vacations are around comic cons.
Have fun! Duck Duck Goose...

Ushindi said...

I hope you find some pirate gold on your way to France. Be careful, I think the ocean might be deeper than your pirate gold getter is tall.

(Don't stop in England and try the food...)

Woodge said...

If you do steal it, be sure to take it to a fast-food drive-in window. Give them something to talk about.