The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Reuben Weekend, Day 2


While other, lazier, cartoonists are lolling around an imaginary city, I'm using my time to work on the cover of the second Cul de Sac collection, a chunk of which is shown above. This kind of work ethic is one of the many benefits of being an anhedonic stick-in-the-mud.

My profound thanks to Jennifer Hart, Arlington, for her kind and thoughtful good luck cartoon-by-mail. It cleared up my anhedonia nicely.

8 comments:

rama hughes said...

i can hardly wait for your new book!

when will it hit bookstores, hm?

angryparsnip said...

WHOOOOHO !. . . New Book !

Kid Shay said...

It kind of reminds me of that shot in the opening credits of The Simpsons, when the camera pans across nearly every resident in Springfield. I like it when you can see everybody at once.

Danny Fry said...

I'm so glad a second collection is coming out! I was worried the slow economy was hurting book releases!

Kelly Kilmer said...

Can't wait!! Woo hoo!!!

Lou said...

More, please!

Mike Rhode said...

You mean these people (ie Jennifer Hart, Arlington) actually track you down at home? What's that all about? I thought that was MY job.

BTW, Nick and Matt say you need to get out more.

Anonymous said...

Yay! New book coming! I recently re-read the first book and was impressed as heck all over again. I've been searching for book 2, and now I know why I couldn't find it. Guess this is my zen lesson...
LNE