The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Never Mind


Please disregard that whiny post of about a month ago. This drawing is in this week's New Yorker. I didn't know about it till Sarah, the nice person at the Cartoon Bank, called today and told me someone was interested in buying the original. I think the suggested retail price ($17.00) might've scared 'em off though.

4 comments:

Stacy Curtis said...

I'll give you $18.

Dirk said...

And I 20 but you pay the shipping charges in Italy :-) CIAO

Jean Wogaman said...

You sell color originals for $17?

richardcthompson said...

Naw, Jeanie, I was kidding. If I did sell it through the Cartoon Bank they'd get a share, which works well as they do all the negotiating. Though I'm thinking of putting some drawings up on Ebay, just to put a dent in the piles on my studio floor.

Stacy & Dirk, I'll take your bids into consideration, and see what the Cartoon Bank has to say. Or what my wife has to say, as she has more business sense than I do...